Do you have a passion to make New Mexico better and get paid too? Let’s talk!
NMBC is seeking to hire a new Administrative Assistant to assist the daily operations of the organization and be the newest member of our winning team! The Administrative Assistant position provides an opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with a team dedicated to making New Mexico a better place to work and operate a business.
This position requires a broad range of communications skills, including top notch writing and telephone speaking ability. The right person will have the ability to interact with people across a wide range of issues at all levels of the organization and within the community.
This position involves assisting others in the office as well as members and partners in an ongoing effort to maximize satisfaction in our mission to improve New Mexico. This person will use a variety of marketing and outreach methods. This includes maximizing attendance to events by posting event details in open forums, providing Facebook and email posts and calling members and partners to inform them about the events. This person will also work on development of event sponsors.
The administrative assistant must be a master at time management with the ability to juggle multiple tasks with a positive attitude assuring that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate must be proficient in:
- Phone etiquette with strong verbal communication skills;
- Written communication with correct spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- Editing and proofing documents with a high level of accuracy and efficiency;
- Typing at 45-60 WPM;
- Word and Excel;
- Basic computer and internet skills with the ability to learn and use new software applications;
- Prioritizing and time management;
- Self-motivation and drive to excel.
To be a good fit within our organization, a candidate will have:
- An energetic, can-do attitude with the ability to quickly change focus as new opportunities or tasks are presented;
- Be polite, patient, and respectful with good interpersonal skills with co-workers, members and partners;
- Like helping people with a great customer service attitude;
- Be eager and capable of learning new skills;
- Be willing to take direction; and
- Be flexible and open to working in a lean, non-profit business environment wearing many hats.
NMBC encourages you to apply for the position if you have the skills and expertise listed above. Click HERE to learn more and apply today!