Albuquerque’s election day has come and gone, but there is still voting do be done in two districts. Because none of the candidates in Albuquerque City Council district 2 and 4 races could garner more than 50% of the vote, those districts will now host a runoff election to determine who will sit on the City Council.
- In district 2: Zachary Quintero is challenging incumbent Isaac Benton who has been the city councilor for district 2 for over 10 years.
- In district 4: Brook L. Bassan and Ane C. Romero are both vying for the city councilor seat being vacated by Brad Winter
Early voting has already begun for these runoff elections and will end on December 7th with runoff Election Day taking place on December 10th. The five early voting locations will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday until Dec. 7, so don’t wait! Get to the polls and make your vote count!
Early voting locations for this runoff election are listed below:
- Clerk’s Annex – 1500 Lomas Blvd NW, Suite A (map)
- Daskalos Center – 5339 Menaul Blvd NE (map)
- Holly Plaza – 6600 Holly Ave NE, Suite B-6 (map)
- Los Ranchos Villa – 6601 4th St NW, Suite E, F (map)
- The Shoppes at 6001 San Mateo – 6001 San Mateo Blvd NE, Suite B-3 (map)
New Mexico Business Coalition works to provide voters with nonpartisan information and encouragement to engage in our electoral process by learning as much as possible about the candidates and issues. Be sure to visit the NMBC website for additional voting information, NMBC scores for the candidates, and links to their websites for more.