Today is Election day for Albuquerque runoff elections in Districts 2 and 4: Because none of the city council candidates for district 2 and 4 met the threshold of winning 50% of the votes on November 5th, today’s runoff vote will determine who will have a seat on the city council. In-person voting will be held today, December 10. See below for more voting details.
- In District 2: Zachary Quintero is challenging incumbent Isaac Benton who has been the city councilor for district 2 for over 10 years. NMBC takes note of the crime rate and other areas of concern in the Albuquerque area and hopes voters see a clear choice. If you’re happy with how things are going in Albuquerque then the incumbent keeping his job seems appropriate. If not, Zachary Quintero is a first time political candidate bringing fresh, new (and young) ideas to improve the quality of life in Albuquerque.
- In District 4: Brook L. Bassan and Ane C. Romero are both vying for the city councilor seat being vacated by Brad Winter. Both candidates have ideas for improving conditions in Albuquerque but NMBC notes at least one distinct difference. In context of how to address the crime problem, Ane Romero supports ‘sanctuary city’ status (which is in effect now) and Brook Bassan does not.
New Mexico Business Coalition works to provide voters with nonpartisan information and encouragement to engage in our electoral process by learning as much as possible about the candidates and issues. Be sure to visit the NMBC website for additional voting information, NMBC scores for the candidates, and links to their websites for more.
The following Election Day locations for the City of Albuquerque Runoff Election will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, December 10, 2019. Voters in line at 7 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- Clerk’s Annex – 1500 Lomas Blvd NW, Suite A (map)
- Daskalos Center – 5339 Menaul Blvd NE (map)
- Holly Plaza – 6600 Holly Ave NE, Suite B-6 (map)
- Los Ranchos Villa – 6601 4th St NW, Suite E, F (map)
- The Shoppes at 6001 San Mateo – 6001 San Mateo Blvd NE, Suite B-3 (map)
- Arroyo del Oso Elementary – 6504 Harper Dr NE (map)
- Herman Sanchez Community Center – 1830 William St SE (map)
- Jefferson Middle School – 712 Girard Blvd NE (map)
- Valley High School – 1505 Candelaria Rd NW (map)
- La Cueva High School – 7801 Wilshire Ave NE (map)