Manufacturing Day is held on the first Friday of October each year and the celebration continues the entire month! As the New Mexico Affiliate for the National Association of Manufacturers, NMBC is proud to support the vibrant manufacturing industry in our state that employs more than 27,000 New Mexicans. Manufacturing Day is a national initiative that puts a spotlight on manufacturing.
In New Mexico, it’s a month-long spotlight on New Mexican made products and the more than 27,000 New Mexicans working in the manufacturing industry. It’s an opportunity to enhance public knowledge about the economic impact of manufacturing in our state, highlight resources, and introduce students to careers in manufacturing. NMBC encourages everyone to get involved and participate in the many events taking place this October in support of New Mexican Manufacturing. Below are some of the known events:
- Greater Northwest Region Manufacturer and Resource Presentations and Virtual Networking: Tuesday, October 10, 1:00 – 2:30 pm, Virtual. Learn more about what’s happening in New Mexico’s Northwest region; hear from companies and the resource providers that assist our businesses and communities. Register.
- Open House and Tours at The Big Idea Makerspace: Thursday, October 12, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm at San Juan College, 5101 College Boulevard in Farmington. Located in the Quality Center for Business at San Juan College; No registration necessary.
- Public Tours of Valencia Flour Mill: Tuesday, October 17, 9:00 am – 3:30 pm at 74 Mill Road in Jarales (near Belen). See antique milling machines turn New Mexican-grown grain into flour for modern specialty mixes such as Valencia Sopaipilla & Fry Bread Mix. Register for one of four guided tours.
- Student tours of four Sandia Science & Technology Park resident companies, including Rocket Lab, BioFlyte, BlueHalo, and Industrial Inspection & Analysis. Wednesday, October 18 in Albuquerque. For students of Technology Leadership High School. Private.
- ABC Canvas Tour and Ribbon Cutting by Farmington Chamber of Commerce Red Coats. Thursday, October 19, 3:00 – 5:00 pm at 3220 Bloomfield Highway in Farmington. No registration necessary.
- WESST Fest 6th Annual Pop-Up Shop at WESST Enterprise Center. Friday, October 20, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm at 609 Broadway NE in Albuquerque. No registration necessary. Info.
- Guided public tours of ABB Installation Products.Tuesday, October 24 at 6625 Bluewater Road NW in Albuquerque.See underground cable connections and accessories being made for the electrical distribution grid that keeps our homes and businesses illuminated. Register.
- Student tours of ABB Installation Products. Tuesday, October 24 in Albuquerque. Private tours for 8th-grade MESA Program students of Jimmy Carter Middle School.
- Open House at FUSE Makerspace at Central New Mexico College. Thursday, October 26, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm at 101 Broadway NE in Albuquerque.Tour the IoT / Rapid Prototyping BootCamp, see rapid prototyping in the Technology Solutions Labs, and watch a smart manufacturing demo. No registration necessary.
- Machine Tool Technology Information Session at CNM Main Campus West. Thursday, October 26, 6:00 – 7:30 pm in Albuquerque. Learn about the Machine Tool Technology certificate of completion and Associates of Applied Science. Tour the lab, speak with faculty and get help applying to CNM. Register.
- Mizz Alyssa B’s 1st Annual Pinup Ghoul Contest & Howl of a Car Show. Sunday, October 29, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm at 112 N Locke Ave in Farmington. No registration necessary to attend. Register here for competition and participation events.
- Women in Manufacturing Panel Discussion. Date Pending, Virtual. Hosted by WESST and New Mexico MEP. Details and registration coming.