SAVE THE DATE – 2016 NMBC Heroes Banquet: The Annual NMBC Heroes Banquet will be held the evening of August 25, 2016, at the Albuquerque Country Club. This uplifting, one-of-a-kind banquet will honor Heroes in our state who devote their time, energy and talents to protect our families, expand free enterprise and improve the quality of life for all New Mexicans.
Here’s a look back at NMBC’s 2015 Hero of the Year, Albuquerque Police Department Officer Lou Golson:
Officer Golson, a former Marine, was shot 4 times after pulling over a suspected drunk driver. Although wounded and on the ground, the veteran officer returned fire and was able to give responding officers a clear description and direction of his escape path for the man who shot him. After months of rehabilitation and pain, Officer Golson returned to limited duty work with APD with a goal to get back on the streets with the DWI Unit.
Nominate a 2016 NMBC Hero Today – Here are the Categories:
1) Elected Officials – Any official who is elected to a government position.
2) Appointed Officials – Those appointed by an elected official, such as Cabinet Secretaries, Chiefs of Police, etc.
3) Business Leaders – Business owners, partners, or managers.
4) Community Leaders – Members of the community who contribute their time and energy to improving the quality of life for everyone in their neighborhood, city or state.
5) Young leaders – Those who are under 40 and dedicated to improving New Mexico.
If you know someone in one of the above categories who is a Hero: download the nomination form here and email it to NMBC at email@example.com.
Attention Farmington and Las Cruces – Plan now to attend the Candidate Job Interview BASH (Business and Social Hour): The NMBC will be holding Job Interviews for candidates seeking public office in Farmington on July 26, and Las Cruces on August 18. Save the date and LIKE OUR FACEBOOK page for updates on event information.
Contact the NMBC with questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org or (505) 836-4223.