In an effort to improve the lives of New Mexicans, NMBC is always looking for ways to pass laws and legislation that will create long-term, positive changes for our people.
Here are a few victories that NMBC’s had throughout the years, with more happening every day:
- High Profile: Our United States–Mexico–Canada Agreement (USMCA) involvement resulted in the President of the United States (POTUS) inviting us to attend a signing ceremony at the White House.
- U.S. Energy Independence Support: The New Mexico Business Coalition (NMBC) hosted the national U.S. energy announcement in Albuquerque.
- Government Watchdog:
- Identified massive fraud with the COVID Unemployment Insurance (UI) payments and businesses being overtaxed. We notified the State Auditor and Attorney General, causing our Cabinet Secretary to resign.
- Filled 3 complaints with the New Mexico Attorney General (NMAG) office against the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission (NMPRC) for violating the Open Meetings Act.
- Unemployment Insurance Taxes: We wrote and passed a law during the COVID pandemic in 2020 that saved business owners $1,300.00 per employee, per year. This Insurance Taxes is still going on every year, since it’s introduction and passing in the legislator.
For more information on our accomplishments and the ways we're currently serving New Mexicans in our state:
Have questions or comments? Email email@example.com or call (505) 836-4223.