The race to elect a congressional representative for NM’s first district is heating up, and early voting will begin in just a few weeks. Below are some helpful dates and information for the upcoming election on June 1st.
- May 4th: (28 days before the election):
- Voter Registration (by mail and online) closes. If you have not registered to vote click HERE to do as before May 4th.
- County Clerks can begin mailing ballots to voters who have requested an absentee ballot. If you would like to request an absentee ballot for the CD 1 election click HERE.
- Early in person voting begins. The NM Election Code provides a directive to establish one early in-person polling location at the office of the county clerk (or alternate location near the clerk’s office).
- May 15th: Additional early voting locations open.
- May 18th: Last day to submit an absentee ballot request.
- May 29th: Final day of early in person voting.
- June 1st: Election Day. Polling locations will be open from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Voters may vote in-person at any of the locations within their registered county. Voters who have requested an absentee ballot may also return their sealed absentee ballot to a polling location within their registered county, no later than 7:00 p.m. on Election night.
NMBC staff are currently surveying the candidates and assembling a CD1 scorecard for voters to use in the lead up to election day. Keep an eye on this news feed an our weekly newsletter for the latest information the CD1 race and our forthcoming scorecard!