- Employers would have to give each employee a written schedule at least 21 days in advance; (* What happens if an employee is sick or quits? *)
- Employees couldn’t be required to work different hours without consent;
- Employers would have to pay an employee for up to four hours of work if they, at the last minute, tell the worker not to show up or reduce the hours of the shift;
- Workers would have the right to request a flexible working arrangement once a quarter if they have a health problem, must care for a family member, or participate in training;
- Employers would have to offer additional work to existing employees before hiring new ones;
- Employees would generally accrue at least an hour of paid sick time for every 30 hours worked.
Some industries would be hurt more than others by this ordinance, but all businesses would be subjected to this overreaching government regulation that would do more harm than good.
Take Action: call ABQ City Councilors at 505-768-3100. Tell them you don’t support the proposed ‘Fair Workweek’ ordinance and they shouldn’t either. We can limit government restrictions on our business operations when we all come together!
PRC Approves PNM Extension: The NM Public Regulation Commission approved extension of the deadline for PNM to file all ownership restructuring and coal agreements for the San Juan Generating Station until August 1. Read more HERE.
Congratulations: NMBC Board member, CEO of the New Mexico Restaurant Association and author, Carol Wight, was featured in the Business Outlook “By the Numbers”
Energy Summit Tomorrow: We look forward to seeing you at the Energy Summit with Congressman Steve Pearce TOMORROW, Wednesday, 7/1/15, 11:30 am!
Thank you to our Sponsors and Partners:
Chevron Concho Resources Inc. Las Cruces Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Mack Energy Corporation New Mexico Cattle Growers’ Association
New Mexico Oil & Gas Association New Mexico American Fire and Sprinkler Association
Recarnation Suazo Legal Group WARBA Young Professionals in Energy
The NMBC has membership opportunities for everyone! CLICK HERE to get more information.