As of August 11th, 2022, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) changed their COVID protocols. One of the biggest new addition to their update is the fact that there isn’t any difference between how vaccinated and unvaccinated people are to be treated.
Here’s a snapshot of the latest updates from the CDC:
- Unvaccinated people now have the same guidance as vaccinated people.
- Those who are exposed to the virus are no longer required to quarantine regardless of vaccination status.
- Students may stay in class even if they’ve been exposed to COVID-19.
- Six-foot social distancing is no longer recommended.
- Contact tracing and routine surveillance testing of symptomatic people are no longer recommended in most settings.
The state also issued a new ‘Public Health Order (PHO)’ that says all previous health orders “are hereby rescinded” leaving only the requirements in the new PHO as directives. For the latest PHO, click of tap HERE.